Thursday, June 27, 2024

Why do I meditate?


Just as clouds are always in the sky, but we notice them only when we look up and observe in silence, our heart is always beating, but during meditation, when I reach a state of calm and wear earbuds, my attention naturally shifts to my heartbeat, and I can hear it clearly without effort.

Similarly, the divine universal energy is always around and within us, guiding and helping us. We become aware of its presence, blessings, and workings only when we are quiet. Those moments of silence allow me to witness the mental drama my mind creates around perceived problems. As soon as I can observe this drama, it dissolves, and I can surrender and let go.

There are physical symptoms during meditation: I might yawn, tears may flow, and I almost always get goosebumps. I also feel the energy moving inside me, creating ripples of joy. This leaves me relaxed and recharged. If I lose an object, I often find it after meditation.

Although this experience is subjective and surreal, it is so palpable that I cannot deny it. Its spontaneous nature, impossible to recreate on demand, reminds me why I meditate and sustains my practice.



No comments: